I was trying to come up with some sort of list for this final post as a twenty-two year old. I thought I could write about 22 people who I’m thankful for this year. To be honest, though, I’ve been blessed with more than 22 great people, and I don’t want to leave anyone out. I could talk about my 22 favorite moments from the past year, but I don’t have pictures to go with them, which would mean a super long, super boring post. I thought maybe I could write down what my goals are for my next year, but that quickly turned into writing things like “do 50 push-ups in a row.” Yes, that’s really on my goals for the next year (and has been for the past several years).
Then, I decided I would do a quasi-sentimental post on some revelation I’ve had about life this year, but then I decided I’d rather just do the list thing (perhaps because I didn’t have any earth-shattering revelations). I hope that’s okay. (It better be.)
Here are 22 songs, movies, and books that I went nuts over and/or taught me something during my 22nd year of life.
- “Restless,” Switchfoot
- “ROAR,” Katy Perry
- “Give Me Love,” Ed Sheeran
- “10,000 Reasons,” Matt Redman
- “Say Something,” A Great Big World
- “I Won’t Back Down,” Tom Petty
- “Explosions,” Ellie Goulding
- About Time
- Strictly Ballroom
- The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
- Star Trek: Into Darkness
- The Impossible
- Wonder, R.J. Palacio
- The Fault In Our Stars, John Green
- Speak, Laurie Halse Anderson
- On Writing, Stephen King
- Surprised By Joy, C.S. Lewis
- NOS4A2, Joe Hill (This book taught me that it’s okay to quit reading a book, even when you’re 500 pages in.)
- Divergent, Veronica Roth
- I Feel Bad About My Neck: And Other Thoughts, Nora Ephron
Here’s to 23!