I’ve been told that using the word “awesome” as a writer is lazy language; however, this is a moment when the word is entirely appropriate.
10 Reasons My Dad Is Awesome
1. He once ran over our cat on the way out of the driveway on vacation. This fits with the fact that Dad approaches vacations like Clark Griswold, and Clark W. Griswold is awesome!
2. My awesome dad dressed up as Harry Potter for the midnight premiere of Deathly Hallows Part II.
3. Dad brought me home after getting my wisdom teeth pulled, and he didn’t make a video about it or ever mention the crazy stuff I’m sure I said, instead he got me a milkshake and drove home. Which reminds me, Dad will impulsively add milkshakes to drive-thru orders, and it’s awesome!
4. Dad will give you advice on or talk to me about anything; he genuinely wants to be interested in whatever I’m interested in. Awesome dad work!
5. When I got a B- in the fourth grade, Dad wasn’t mad. Thanks, Dad. You’re awesome.
6. Dad knows a lot about everything, and that’s awesome.
7. Once on vacation, we had to pull over to a hotel for the sole purpose to watch an IU basketball game. IU awesomeness.
8. Dad has these incredible chewing muscles that flex in his forehead. Yes, I know everyone has these, but Dad’s are like The Rock’s biceps in his forehead. It’s awesome.
9. It’s because of Dad that I know the storylines of Tremors 1, 2, 3, and 4 and of most Steven Segal, Chuck Norris, and Bruce Willis movies. Awesome.
10. Dad makes it clear that he is proud of his kids and loves them no matter what, and that makes him the best dad in the world.
Happy Birthday to my awesome daddy-o!